When you are out there looking for a valuable platform to market your business online, Craigslist should be top on your priority list. It has been tested and proven to be effective enough so you should not have any reservations. The traffic to this site hits close to 60 million users for every month so you are assured of reaching out to very many people.
Just like it is with many other marketing alternatives, you should put in a lot of effort in making sure you get the best out of your Craigslist marketing venture. Don’t just sit down and wait for things to happen miraculously. The following easy tips will help you to get the best out of marketing your business, products or services on Craigslist.
How to Succeed When Using Craigslist
- Make regular posting – you should not leave prospective customers waiting for too long to get your message. It is advisable that you post and re-post on Craigslist more often like three to four times in a day. The content you post has to be well updated so that it can attract visitors. They will run away if they visit your page on Craigslist and find the same content after hours.
- Add pictures – a picture speaks more than what a written message will tell. That is why you are advised to include pictures in your content or advertisements posted on Craigslist for more effectiveness. Make sure the pictures you have used are relevant to the content so as to cushion visitors from any confusion.
- Be simple – you should not be too complicated with your advertisement intended for use in Craigslist. Just be simple with your content and it should be that which will be understood easily. In short, viewers of your advertisement should not have a hard time understanding the message you are putting across.
- Standout titles – you create the first impression using catchy titles for your content on Craigslist. This is by far the most important part of the content so it has to be up to scratch. Be concise and use clear words. The title should be short but effective for your marketing campaign.
- Avoid duplication – it will make no sense for your marketing campaign if you carry advertisement that have duplicated content. You must remain as original and creative as possible. Every advertisement should have different content and all old advertisements should be pulled down after 48 hours. If you duplicate advertisements, Craigslist will certainly pull it down or mark it as a spam.
- Add links – it will push your marketing campaign a notch higher if you include a link to the product’s page. Visitors should be directed to the product once they click on the link and that only adds value to your marketing effort. Do not add a link to your website but that of the product alone.
With all these tips, you should be able to track down the progress of your advertisements on Craigslist. There are many ways of doing that and it will help to determine those advertisements that are getting high traffic and those that are performing poorly. For the marketing campaign to be effective, you must be able to track it down.